As Saint Hilary parents, you play an important role in fulfilling the school’s mission statement. Your energy, creativity and talents given through your volunteer time are the necessary ingredients to make our children’s educational experience the best it can be. There are many fun ways available to meet your volunteer commitment, both in the classroom and for the larger Saint Hilary community. Look for room parent communication and volunteer opportunities in the school newsletter, and on Track It Forward system to stay up-to-date with volunteer needs throughout the year.
- Families with children in grades K-8 are required to complete a minimum of 40 hours of service to Saint Hilary School during the school year.
- For single parent families, the requirement is 20 hours.
- All volunteer opportunities are placed on Track It Forward so it is easy for families to find and sign up for volunteer hours!
Hours must be completed and recorded in the Track it Forward system by June 1 of the current school year. Unmet service hours will be billed at $25 an hour at the end of the school year. For graduating 8th grade families, hours must be recorded and fees paid prior to graduation.
Mandatory Terms and Conditions
All volunteers are required to set up an Archdiocese of San Francisco VIRTUS account, complete a VIRTUS Child Protection class, and fulfill a background check (Live Scan) prior to volunteering on campus or driving on field trips. The Child Protection training is comprised of a 90-minute online class found in the volunteer's VIRTUS account. The class provides volunteers with information, awareness, and vigilance around signs of a child in crisis or abuse. Live Scan is a fingerprinting method used by law enforcement agencies and private facilities to scan, process, and file finger and palm prints electronically.
Instructions for VIRTUS Compliance:
- Please go to www.virtusonline.org to log into an existing VIRTUS account. Full instructions for creating a new VIRTUS account for the Archdiocese of San Francisco can be found HERE.
- Child Protection Class on VIRTUS - log into your account and complete the class "Protecting God's Children". VIRTUS training must be completed every 3 years after which it will expire. (Please note that VIRTUS training can be shared between the Archdiocese and CYO VIRTUS accounts upon the volunteer's request. Contact the VIRTUS Helpdesk to facilitate.)
- Background Check (Fingerprinting) - please schedule your Live Scan fingerprinting at any authorized location. Live Scan can be completed at any UPS store (drop-in), any local police station (by appointment only), and the Marin County Sheriff's office (by appointment only). Live Scan background checks do not expire. Please download the specific Saint Hilary School Live Scan form HERE. (Important: Live Scan background checks CANNOT be shared between entities, including CYO, and must be processed for each entity separately with differentiated forms.)
- A volunteer is compliant when their VIRTUS account reflects current training and a completed Live Scan background check.
Signing Up and Logging Volunteer Hours
Parents may go to Track it Forward to find the latest SHS volunteer opportunities. Each family is responsible for tracking their own family volunteer hours. Please log your hours EACH time you volunteer by logging into your Track It Forward account and adding volunteer hours under the Family Information > Service Hours. Please be sure to log your hours as you serve them or as you move through the year for a more accurate accounting of total hours contributed at the end of each school year.
Please note that Track it Forward accounts are generally set up as one account per family for two parents living within the same household (often under the mother's email address). We ask that spouses either share their login information or log hours for the family as a whole. If you have problems accessing your Track it Forward account, or prefer to have the account assigned to a different email, please contact Suzanne Henry at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions or suggestions about the program, feel free to contact TPA Presidents, Emily Cooper or Anne Cambria at email@example.com.